Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter Syndrome

Image: here

Well we’ve reached the halfway mark of January and I still don’t know what to think of this weather. We’re done with that disruptive polar vortex right? That was a nice gift on the second day of classes: temperatures in the negatives and no cancelled classes. Thanks for looking out for us students! It has warmed up since then--I find something wrong with referring to 45 degrees as “warm.” All I know is that this up and down (way down!) in the temperature is kind of exhausting me. Just pick one, Pittsburgh!

I refer to this yearly funk I’m in as winter syndrome. What are the symptoms of winter syndrome? Tiredness normally due to early sunsets and the perpetual cloud cover, lack of desire to venture outside due to bitter cold and wind, and the need to be constantly wrapped in a blanket in bed. During the winter I have no motivation to work. I wish to lay in bed all day, read and drink gallons of coffee through a straw leaving the sedentary comfort for only a little to seek social interaction with my neighbors.

But alas, I do not live in a dream world and I must zip up my winter coat and slide my feet into a pair of boots to venture out. I am putting it on the table now: I am ready for spring!

<3 Ashley

Do you have winter syndrome? Are you counting the days until spring too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...