Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Holly Golightly Costume

Good day, everyone!

Today was a self proclaimed mental health day. That's right...classes were skipped in an attempt to calm down, give myself a little break (that comes but once a semester!) and work on an essay due tomorrow (any good time management techniques out there?) Anyway, two pages into the essay I decided to take a bus down to South Side Works and hunt out the components for my Halloween costume this year. That's right, I have finally committed to dressing as the lovely and hilarious Holly Golightly! That's Audrey Hepburn's iconic character from the film Breakfast at Tiffany's.


I loved the fact that I did not have to step one foot inside of the Halloween store and drop $50 for something that I will only wear once! I had the shoes (black pumps are essential anyway!) the jewelry, and would you believe that I already had the cigarette holder from a stage role a few years ago?! All I needed to buy the gloves and hairpiece which were a combined $25 at Claire's and the dress. The dress caused me the biggest headache. What does it say about society that I the only place I could find at full length black dress at BCBGMAXAZRIA which was 110% out of my budget. In one last, desperate attempt I wandered into H&M not expecting much. Then there it was! A black dress that came at least to my knees and was priced at $15! Not one to test fate, I snatched it up right away. It may not look exactly like the iconic dress that Audrey wore, but it is tasteful and looks great with all of the accessories!

<3 Ashley

What are you doing for a Halloween costume this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...