Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Club: Gone Girl

Image: here

While working has taken up most of my holiday break (five more days!) one good thing that has come from this break is that I have had the time again to read a book. In school there is no time; I barely have time to do all the assigned reading for classes! Recently, I took to reading "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I had heard a lot of good things about this book and thought that it was time for me to follow the herd and read this book.

I loved it! It got to a point when I really could not put the book down. I'm not going to divulge too much of the plot to you; a man's wife goes missing and the whole Missouri town and her NYC parents begin a frantic search for here. The book switches perspective chapter to chapter from Nick's to Amy's diary entries up to the point she was kidnapped. Over the course of reading this book I had developed so many theories as to what had happened to Amy only to have another piece of information introduced in the next chapter that would kill that theory. "Gone Girl" is great at keeping the reader on their toes and making them think.

The ending is not what you would expect. By the end of the book I had so many feelings that maybe it was a good thing that the book ended. Seriously, I was in an empty room and yelling at the characters I was reading about off of my Kindle. If you are looking for the next book on your reading list, I definitely recommend making it "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I had a great time reading this novel!

<3 Ashley

Have you read "Gone Girl?" What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...