Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Trying New Things

Photo: pinterest.com

Ciao, i miei amici! Translation: Hello, my friends! 

Today is my last exam in Italian before the final. It's a speaking one but I am not too concerned about it. It is simply a laid-back conversation with my professor about a film that we were assigned to watch for class. That film kickstarted a weekend of trying some new things and making some new realizations.

We were told to watch Il Giorno in Più (One Day More) which is a romantic comedy that was a part of the Italian film festival here in Pittsburgh. So with a worksheet and notebook in hand, I endeavored into the auditorium to be highly entertained for a total 112 minutes. It truly was a great movie! Subtitles were included (Hey, I am only in Italian 1!) so everyone could understand what was going on. It was a very endearing story about how relationships really are affected by just one day. If you have the opportunity to see it, I do recommend it!

Photo: here

Following the film, my friends and I set out on our last shopping trip before the end of the semester. This time I walked out of Forever 21 with a pair of pointy toed flats and hit up American Eagle for new running capris--it seems that spreading my wings and trying new things has included running! I did go for a great jog today through Schenley Park. It is such a nice trail and is very easy to run on and navigate.

What did you try this weekend?

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...