This entry is devoted to some ways that you can either fight off the dreaded cold or at least effectively fight it off.
1. Sleep! Sleep! Sleep! - Sleep really is a very good way to help along the healing process. When you are asleep your body actually works to repair itself. And let's be honest...being sick really does take a lot out of you and can make you a very difficult person to be around. So for the safety of everyone else around, you may want to follow this rule.
2. De-stress - Being constantly stressed out can really make you more susceptible to fall ill when you come in contact with that virus. Make sure that you let off some steam and relax once in awhile. Take up meditation!
3. Be a social butterfly! - Some studies have shown that people who interact with a more diverse group are actually healthier than people who have very narrow social circles. This could align with the fact that the more that your body is exposed to various germs, the better defense your immune system can offer since it is more familiar with those bacteria.
4. Stay fit and healthy! - I feel like this one is a no-brainer :)
5. Vitamin C - While it is not as effective as you have probably been told, it does not hurt to maintain a healthy intake of vitamin C.
I have also taken my mom's advice and concocted a mixture of hot water, lemon juice and honey to sooth the sore throat. Hopefully this does not last very long. If there is one thing I hate....it's a trip to the doctor! ;)
Is there anything you to get better if you're sick? Any home remedies out there?