Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ready to Move On

I swear I have a good reason for my extended absence...
This past Monday and Tuesday, I was among some fellow upcoming Pitt freshman at orientation. I spent two days mingling, spent the night in a dorm, and registered for my classes. The experience got me even more excited to start school. The best part is my schedule...I managed to get a fall semester without math or science. For me, that is a blessing ;)
I also bring back a story I am sure I will be able to tell for many years to come. On the morning of the second day, arts and sciences students had to be up early for an assembly at 8:30. I was up and decided to walk over to the coffee place in the Cathedral of Learning (the equivalent of Hogwarts...) and take advantage of the complimentary breakfast we had on our ID cards. It was fine when I walked in, but when I walked back outside it was a torrential downpour, thunder included! The best part...no umbrella! I had to walk from the cathedral to the place where the assembly was held in this! Needless to say, I walked in looking like a wet rat. I was going for an easy, laidback Cali-chic look for the day, but clearly it was not meant to be. Instead I ended up with a soggy, loosely knit, cream sweater rather than a dry one.
Here are a few of the pictures from my two days away :)

A picture with the Panther makes it official :)

 
The Cathedral of Learning

Heinz Chapel

Do you have a funny/embarrassing weather story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...