Monday, May 19, 2014

Create




This sketch of Heinz Chapel on campus as a result of a stressful week. 

Happy Monday everybody! This was definitely a great weekend to have. Up until this weekend I have been spending day in and day out in bed...on the couch...watching tv...on the computer. Really it was very sad. None of my friends were out of school yet and everyone around the house was working. Well finally my friends are home and we got a night in this weekend to catch up and get into our typical shenanigans. Also, I'm now employed for the summer! I don't have to worry about having no money all summer.

Before any of this happened I had been thinking for awhile about what I could do to better pass the time. I've spent some more time reading outside which has been nice. But I wanted to actually feel like I was doing something. When I was younger one of my hobbies was art. Over the years I drew, maybe a little painting, sewing, knitting, writing, you name it! But I've stopped. I want to start up again. During the semester I was super stressed and decided to sketch to distract myself. The drawing was actually pretty good considering the time I haven't done anything. I want to get back to this hobby of creating, letting the creative juices flow, and keeping myself busy.

<3 Ashley

What hobbies do you have? How do you like to keep busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...