Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: Mother's Day




Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and was able to spend Mother's Day with their mamas. Mother's Day here was celebrated with a homemade brunch that I slaved over--maybe I'm exaggerating--with some help from the bro. We came up with quite the spread: strawberry scones, herb and ricotta omelets, peanut butter and banana oatmeal, and sausages. Yum, right?!

I got the scone recipe from Mara over at M Loves M. Her recipe was for strawberry lavender scones; unfortunately, we could not find lavender so we had to cut it from the recipe! They were still absolutely delicious. Find the recipe here!

Both of the recipes for the omelet and oatmeal came from the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano. The omelet I altered a bit since I did not have the fresh herbs that the recipe called for. Rather I sprinkled in a dried mixture of Herbs from Provence. This was also my first time using ricotta cheese in an omelet. I liked it! Ricotta is not the strongest tasting cheese, but I did like it. I also made homemade oatmeal for the first time. It was so quick and easy! Just some old-fashioned oatmeal, water, a little milk and butter, and finished with the peanut butter and banana. Everything was delicious!

<3 Ashley

How did you spend your Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...