Friday, September 14, 2012

NYFW: Final

I am going to keeps this very brief. It is very late, but I do want to weigh in on the last day of New York Fashion Week. I loved it! I loved the colors in the Michael Kors show, and I pretty much saw myself in every single one of the pieces in the Rachel Zoe show. I watched the Anna Sui and Vivienne Tam shows with a friend of mine (great commentary ensued!) We agreed that while the Anna Sui looks might not have fit with us personally, they were definitely interesting and there are certain girls out there that have the look and confidence to pull this look off. I did love the '70s punk inspiration of it and that it did have a tailored quality to it. It was a really cool contrast. The Vivienne Tam show was just so elegant and interesting with the use of shapes and geometrics in the garments (square cut outs and triangles that pop with color)

A look from the Rachel Zoe show

Dress from Vivienne Tam

While I am sad that NYFW is indeed over, I thought that this was a great way to end it. All the shows that I saw were wonderful, and I am very excited for Spring 2013. :)

<3 Ashley

What was your favorite show during NYFW?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...