Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holiday Recipe: Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce is not exactly my favorite part of the dinner. Could it be the fact that I know that it is extremely processed? Maybe the fact that I can practically taste the metal of the can it came in? Either way, since I am helping my mother with the dinner this year, I have been scouring the internet for easy, homemade recipes for everything. Here I stumbled upon a quick (20 minutes!) and easy recipe for homemade cranberry sauce, and the result looks absolutely delicious!


Here's what you need:

- 1 (12 oz) bag of cranberries
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (no pancake syrup!!)
- 3 tbsp orange juice

Here's what to do:

1. Wash cranberries in cool water, then put them in a medium saucepan
2. Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan
3. Stir together then put the mixture on high until boiling
4. Once it is boiling, bring it back down to medium low, and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until juice is thick.
5. Turn the stove off, let the sauce cool, and dish it out!

This recipe makes 4 servings

I am very excited to try this recipe out instead of watching the slippery, tubular, processed sauce slide out of the can when I plate it. That can be kind of depressing! Anyway, if you try this out let me know what you think of this recipe! You can find this recipe and others here

<3 Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I hope it turns out good!

    Check out my beauty channel and blog!!

    www.youtube.com/Historybeauty

    historybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Might have to try it next week. Would love your thoughts on my latest post.
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...