Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Holiday Recipe: Mashed Potatoes

I don't know about your household on Thanksgiving but next to the turkey, mashed potatoes are an integral part of the meal. Fits will be thrown if there is not a heaping dish of it within reach. I consider myself to a bit of a potato connoisseur; I have eaten a lot in my day. Here is a recipe I found for you; it is very different from what I have had, but I am pretty interested in trying it!



Here's what you will need:

- 5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (this does make 12 servings! So adjust everything as you will!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 1/2 medium head of garlic; peeled & minced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Here's what to do:
1. Boil a pot of salted water. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm. Drain and return to stove on low heat for 1-2 minutes to dry.

2. Add all of the other ingredients. Mash until potatoes are smooth.

3. Enjoy!

Since my household will be the site of this year's Thanksgiving dinner, my mother has enlisted my help in finding recipes. This one may in fact be a keeper. I do love some cheesy recipes! Check out more recipes here!

<3 Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I love Mashed Potatoes!!!
    I don't want to eat anything just mashed potatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delish! I can't wait for Thanksgiving...can't believe it is only a week away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I am so excited to see everyone since this will be my first time home since school started. Already planning what I am going to pack for it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...