Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winter Warmth

With autumn and the fast approaching winter comes the bitter cold outside. For those when you must go outside rather than staying cozy by the fire, here are some cozy coat suggestions! (Including one from my own collection)

1. The Pea Coat

I bought this coral beauty at New York & Co. on Black Friday for a whopping $39.99 rather than the original $109. I must say, I am a recent fan of NY&Co. but I have noticed that when they have sales...boy do they have sales! It would not hurt to check it out once in awhile. Plus, this pea coat is heavier than the other coats I own, so it is much warmer in this cool Pittsburgh weather.

2. Classic Trench

While I am by no means urging you to stretch your budget and run out to get the latest Burberry, I must say there is nothing unfashionable about a classic trench coat. While they may not be as heavy as other coats, layering will be your friend when it comes to this coat.

3. Cape


Yes...I am fairly obsessed with this right now. How could I not be? How darling are capes?! Just make sure you are wearing a long sleeved garment underneath! This one here can be found on Etsy for $109

4. Parka


I must say, I have seen a lot of these walking around campus. It makes sense too; they are sensible and comfortable while looking cute too (not an easy feat!) You can even find some with a faux fur lining around the hood.

5. Puffer Jacket

I am not 100% a fan of this one. Not saying I don't like it, some people can truly pull it off. Personally, I think that it is easy to find your way into Michelin Man territory. Put having at least tried one on, they are very warm and get the job done. After all, at the end of the day you want to arrive home without any frozen limbs!

<3 Ashley

What style will you try out this winter?

4 comments:

  1. I own two pea coats, and a trench and I love both styles! You need a lot of jacket options here in Texas because one second it's freezing like 32 or below, and the next it's 80 and the sun is beaming...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would drive me nuts! Here there really isn't an in-between. One day it's was summer, the BAM! freezing outside.

      Delete
  2. oooo I love all of these styles. I've been going a little crazy with buying jackets lately. But it's finally getting consistently cold here in San Francisco.


    http://thebuscas.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want a cape. That's the one I have never owned. Glad the weather is settling down to some consistency for you. I know I am the kind of person that's like "If it's going to be cold, can it just be cold and not mess with me?!"

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...