Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dorm Decor

Decided to change the scenery a bit and am currently penning (or typing!) this entry in the library coffee shop. I figure I should get out of the dorm once in awhile, right? Lots of fun planned for this weekend starting tonight! Tonight I am going with a group to see a showing of Rebel Without a Cause at Pittsburgh Filmmakers, tomorrow is Friday and I am finally Skyping with my friend from home that I miss beyond understanding, Saturday we are up early and heading to the Strip District to try and find some fabric (remember those bags I have been talking about making?) and Sunday is shopping day at SouthSide with a stop at our favorite Irish Pub for lunch!

I have decided that today I will discuss dorm decor! After looking through those pages up top (organized based on what kind of posts you like to read) I have decided that I need more in the realm of both 'decor' and 'college.' So here is the best of both worlds. Over the course of my freshman year, I have accumulated and gotten rid of things and am in the process of re-organizing and would love all suggestions...within reasonability since my bank account is indeed lacking. I have also started thinking about what I want to do next year. I will either be in a single, if I get the RA position, or in a quad with some other girls. Completely opposite ends of the spectrum, I know. Either I get supreme privacy and total space, or I get both severely limited.

Here are pictures of 3 of the most important spaces in my room:


Where I slumber and write most of my blog. It is surprisingly comfy for a school provided piece of furniture. Unfortunately, since I lowered the bed those wooden pegs stick up on the sides and aren't the most attractive. Next year I want to make a headboard or drape some fabric down like a canopy. Curtains for the windows will also be in order!


The second most popular place for writing this blog! This is the cleanest the desk has been this entire year. Hopefully it stays that way. :)


And my beautiful closet! This is my favorite part of the dorm because not all the rooms have closets big enough for clothes, shoes and a human! Seriously...this is where I change clothes. It is the closest thing to a walk-in-closet I have ever had.

Suggestions are very much welcome! I probably wouldn't be doing much now since I will only be in this room for 3 more months. But I would love to start planning for my dorm next year :) 

<3 Ashley

Any good, inexpensive DIY projects?

6 comments:

  1. I thought for the wooden peg you could probably make created some sort of balls to hide them away.

    If you got the room to yourself would you try to go for at theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea too! I will try to figure something out with that. A little less effort might be best for me :)

      If I do get the room by myself. I do not so much have a theme but rather a color scheme. I like black, white, gold and a blush pink.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I just saw your comment in Lauren's forum. So I thought I'd check your blog out and I actually really like it! Maybe you'd like to check mine out as well :) it's http://vickynspiration.blogspot.com . We bloggers have to stick together!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much! So glad that you like it. I would love to check yours out as well!

      Have a great day :)
      <3 Ashley

      Delete
  3. I love your post, decorating is always so much fun, and its a fun way to be creative! I found your blog off LaurenConrad.com's forum! Excited to see your upcoming posts. check out my new blog too at www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and for following! I will definitely be checking your blog out :)

      <3
      Ashley

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...