Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dorm Room Foodie

Photo: here

As much as I absolutely adore my campus dining halls--they're actually good!--this year I really want to try to make more food in the dorm. So I set to work look for some easy recipes. Considering the fact that I am restricted to a microwave this indeed has involved some research. Here are just a few things that I have found on Pinterest and other useful sites:

Brownie in a mug:
If you have yet to stumble upon this dessert you do not spend as much time on Pinterest as I do! I haven't tried it yet but it does look super easy and yummy. Here's the recipe:

• 1/4 c sugar
• 1/4 c flour
• 2 tbsp cocoa
• pinch of salt
• 3 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp olive oil

1) Mix dry ingredients, then add the water and oil. Mix well.
2) Cook in microwave for 1 min. 40 secs.
3) Top with a bit of ice cream or whatever you fancy!

Scrambled eggs: I didn't even realize that the microwave was an option when preparing eggs. I'm sure that it doesn't beat eggs done in the skillet, but add some cheese and you've got a pretty standard omelet right in your dorm room!

The almighty rice cooker: Unfortunately, I am not able to keep one of these in my dorm. :( But I do know some schools will allow you to have them. Not only can you prepare rice but you can also boil some pasta and even get fancy with risotto!

<3 Ashley

Do you have any easy recipes that can be prepared in a dorm room?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...