Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Cookie: Double Chocolate Biscotti

Sorry, once again I have been a little flighty with updating the blog. Between work and the excitement of the holiday and seeing everyone I have not been able to find much time. Plus, I am planning big changes for the site. The New Year will bring many lovely things I think. To make amends to you for my slight absence, I am pulling out the recipe for, possibly, my absolute favorite dessert for the holidays: double chocolate biscotti. Yummy! So good with coffee after a big Christmas dinner.


Here's what you need:

- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

And what to do:

- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa and baking powder. Beat for two minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour by hand. Mix in white chocolate and chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for about 10 minutes.

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide dough into two parts, roll each part into 9 inch long log. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet, about four inches apart. Flatten slightly.

- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center will come out clean. Cool for five minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling for one hour.

- Cut into 1/2 inch wide diagonal pieces. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheet, bake at 325 degrees F for nine minutes. Turn cookies over and bake for 7-9 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy! Store in air tight container. Makes about 36 cookies.

I hope that you all try this and enjoy it as much as I do! I am an absolute sucker for anything chocolate and this certainly does the job. :)

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...