What you need:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp. instant espresso
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups packed, light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp. milk
- confectioner's sugar to coat
What to do:
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, espresso, baking powder and salt. With an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well combined; mix in cooled chocolate. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until combined. Flatten dough into a disk and wrap in plastic. Freeze until firm (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Pour confectioners sugar into a medium bowl and roll the balls in the sugar.
- Place two inches apart on baking sheet. Bake until cookies have spread and cracked about 12-14 minutes. Cool and enjoy! Makes 18 cookies