Today's cookie recipe is a personal favorite of mine: Snickerdoodles! So far, nothing can beat my aunt's 'doodles, but this recipe does at least look promising. During a season of gingerbread and sugar cookies, snickerdoodles are what makes me happiest with a mug of cocoa (of which I may also have a recipe for!)
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp. granulated sugar; divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
And here's what you do:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix well. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 30 cookies.
This recipe here
I am going home in just a week, so I will have plenty of time to fill my kitchen with cookies upon cookies. Yes, I am that girl (the one who will also be wearing a Christmas sweater and singing 'Jingle Bell Rock' while baking!) Have a lovely day today.
Who makes the best cookies in your family?