Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's That Time of Year...for Reflection

Home sweet home. That's right, after a stressful week of finals I am sitting in front of the Christmas tree with my mother, eating cheese and crackers, and watching Finding Bigfoot (recommended ;P)



Since I have met my the end of my first semester of college and almost the end of the calendar year, I thought that this would be the proper time for a time of reflection (New Year's Resolution post will come later!) As a student going into her first year of college I think that I had a lot of fears and expectations. I thought I would not be able to find people who were interested in the same things as me and led to some pretty solid friendships. I thought I would get overwhelmed in my classes. I thought that I would be faced with the pressure to do things that made me kind of uncomfortable since these people did not know me.

Let me break down the facts. I did make friends who were had very similar interests and senses of humor. We often hang out late into the evening. Never once did I feel overwhelmed in classes. I actually think that this semester helped out my time management since I often had long sections to read for a certain class and multiple papers to write at a time. It taught me to prioritize my work. The professors were also super helpful and willing to answer any and all questions a student had. As for the pressure, I really do not think it ever came. I was asked if I wanted to join people, but I would just answer honestly and no one batted an eyelash. They were very accepting.

This semester was my first time away from home. It was very difficult at the beginning, but contact is everything. I call my parents on the weekend and we text various times throughout the week. My friends and I have to Skype's #1 customers at this point. We chat nearly every other day. In all, college is proving to be very comfortable and livable for me, which is what my concern was all along. I hope this leads you to do some reflection of your own within the next couple of weeks as you formulate your New Year's resolutions. And for those of you considering colleges, let me know if you have any questions. I have only a little experience but would love to help :)

<3 Ashley

Will you reflect before the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...