Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8: Why Blog?


Photo here

I am having way too much fun waking up at 11 every morning. Unfortunately, come Monday that will be a thing of the past as I get back to work. But I am very happy that I did have this break between school and summer work.

Anyway, today's topic is one that has recently interested me to read about. Over the past few weeks I have seen a number of bloggers sharing with their readers why exactly they started blogging in the first place. Today I am going to do just that.

Since 8th grade, I have wanted to pursue a career in writing/publishing and had flirted with the idea of blogging. Everyone that I talked to about my plans always suggested that I start a blog and begin networking. About a year ago, with college on the horizon, I started this little blog. I liked the idea of blogging and had enjoyed following and reading some others before starting my own. I had every intention of making it a fashion blog since fashion was quite the obsession of mine--even more so than it is now! However, half the time I didn't even know what to talk about. So I took a step back and and reconsidered the angle I should take. What did I like to talk about? Well pretty much everything! That's when I decided that All That Glitters would become a lifestyle blog. One year later I still enjoy it very much. Along with doing a fair bit of writing I also look at blog as a social opportunity. I have enjoyed talking to so many people with some interesting perspectives.

If you have a blog, why did you start blogging? Leave your link!

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...