Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 9: Modern Music Mania

Photo here

The definition of 'good music' has and probably always will be an argument between the generations; Coldplay v. U2, The Monkees v. Jonas Brothers, Britney v. Madonna and unfortunately MJ v. J Biebs have all been topics of discussion over the past decade. You get into arguments about genres and who is really the reigning pop royalty and then what was a lovely family gathering turns into a brutal debate with very biased information.

I like to think that my iPod playlist is fairly diverse. If you were swipe through my music you would see that I was and still am an avid supporter of the boyband movement (NSync for life!) occasion a listen to the best of Duran Duran and do enjoy the occasional Lady Gaga. Overall, I am a pop fan though a few more genres have found their way onto my radar thanks to my friends. I have found that I have become a little more disconnected from mainstream, Top 40 music since I don't listen to the radio and, let's face it, MTV isn't going to introduce me to any new artists. I wouldn't say that any of today's popular artists are very groundbreaking. So many artists cover or sample older music that I like better when performed by the original artist. In fact, I am a little disappointed. 

What are your views on modern or mainstream music? What is your favorite music to listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...