Tuesday, September 24, 2013

On Staying Organized

Image: here

One of my worst features is probably the fact that I am quite prone to procrastination and allowing things to slip my mind. This ugly feature came out in full force as I was studying for my anthropology exam this week. I was looking through my binder, found my psychology syllabus and discovered that my first psych exam is this Thursday! Whaaaat?! So naturally I threw anthropology aside to get in one chapter of psych reading. At 10:30 PM I realized that I had yet to complete all of my online math homework which was due in and hour and a half! That was when I went into full panic mode and maybe almost cried. It is just too early in the semester to be having episodes like last night.

I have made a vow to utilize all of my organization practices and not slack off! This is what I typically do: I have a little notebook that I record all my homework assignments and exam dates that I keep in my bag at all times. Then I have my calendar overload. What do I mean? I have my calendar on my phone which is linked to my calendar on my laptop so I get alerts on both devices. I also have my big desk calendar which is color coded. No more last minute, panicked working!

<3 Ashley

How do you stay on top of things? Have you ever gotten so far behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...