Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Club: Someday, Someday Maybe

Image: here

Aside from floating in the ocean waves on my vacation, I spent a lot of time camped on the sand or lounging poolside with my eyes glued to my Kindle. Vacation is always a great time to catch up on reading you may have let slip over the past few months. I had promised myself that I would start and finish "Someday, Someday Maybe" by Lauren Graham on vacation. I almost fulfilled that too--I actually finished it the night we got back home.

The story follows Franny Banks, an twenty-something aspiring actress in 1990s New York City. Franny's interest is in theater but all she can seem to nab is commercials. Suddenly, things begin to look up for Franny after a Showcase, which she totally thought she blew, when she manages to get an agent, a new romantic interest, and some new jobs. But as I'm sure we all know, the good times don't always last or they really aren't that good when you start to think about it. Franny is elated when her agency offers her a part in a movie, but becomes nervous and doubtful when she realizes that she has a nude scene.

I really did enjoy this novel; it was definitely a good one to take on vacation. I appreciated the character's struggles and weaknesses and could also relate to her inner monologue and way her mind worked. My mind can be that erratic and all over the place as well. The ending was a little different, and left kind of open for maybe another book. I really would like to know more about the characters after what happened in this novel. I would definitely recommend reading "Someday, Someday Maybe." Check it out here!

<3 Ashley

Have you read any good books lately?

P.S. I have just started another book (trying to read as much before school when I am made to read textbooks and other novels against my will) titled "Beautiful Ruins"by Jess Walter. So far so good! Expect another review after I finish it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...