Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Know I'm A Little Late...

Photo: here

Remember in my post about Letters to Juliet when I told you that I am the worst at keeping up with pop culture and staying on top of new releases? Well I have finally gotten around to really listening to Taylor Swift’s album “Red.” [read: now I’ve listened to more than “We Are Never Getting Back Together”] Anyway, what usually happens with me and Taylor Swift is that I will listen to an album for awhile and get a little tired of some of the songs--the kind of whine-y ones. However, I can honestly say that I love each and every song on this album.

My favorites are “All Too Well” and “The Last Time” which is a duet with the singer of Snow Patrol, Gary Lightbody. Overall, I think that there is a more grown-up vibe on this album than on any of her others; but that’s just me. “Red” also feels less country to me and enters more into the realm of pop which doesn’t really bother me (hey! she can do whatever she wants!) I have been listening to it a lot on my way too and from work; I find it to be a good one to drive to. I am disappointed that I won’t be able to catch her on the “Red” tour this summer since I’ve heard very good things about it and I enjoy this album so much. I definitely give “Red” two very enthusiastic thumbs up! (Clueless reference…I honestly cannot stop myself!)

<3 Ashley

What are your thoughts on “Red?” Will you/have you seen Taylor’s tour this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...