Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Pasta


Photo and Recipe: here

If you know anything about me you know that love pretty much any pasta dish. Whenever I eat out I go straight to the pasta selections of the menu with the confidence that you can't screw it up (I was proven wrong last night by a pretty mediocre chicken parm!) I have also taken to whipping up a quick and easy pasta meal with lunch before work. After a discussion with my mother about food and health--these convos happen more often then you would think--I began researching homemade pasta recipes.

I found one on All Recipes that seemed very easy and I can say that for the most part it was. The only real tedious part was cutting the pasta since we don't own a machine to do it for us. This pasta was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend trying it, so here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I added this since the mixture was originally pretty dry)

What to Do:
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the flour and add the egg, mix. Dough should be stiff. If needed add water. Dough will probably still be dry so add olive oil.

- Kneed dough on lightly floured surface for about 3-4 minutes. Roll to desired thinness then cut to desired width (I tried to cut fettuccine sized)

Then you can dress it up how you like. I added olive oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and parmesen cheese. Yum!

<3 Ashley

Are you going to give this a try? What's your favorite pasta dish?

Separate announcement: I was recently invited to create a profile and closet on the site Stylitics. The site compiles trends in the closets of its users to report what people are wearing. You can also shop the closets on the site (including Marilyn Monroe's!) You can click on the widget in my sidebar to check out my closet and explore the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...