Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Summer Start-Up

Image: here

Happy Monday, folks; and a happy first day of July! July is always my favorite month of the year not only because of my birthday but because July feels like the definitive summer month to me. June is nice but summer doesn't officially start until the end and August is a close runner up but school starts at the end so it's really not a complete summer month. So in my mind, July = summer. Believe me...this sounded even more intellectual when I made this mental assertion in the 5th grade. 

Anyway, this weekend was a laidback but eventful one as well; a good way to start the summer. Friday after I got off work I did some self-justified, well-deserved shopping. I certainly didn't get too crazy, but I did manage to find some really nice pieces for the beach. On Saturday the whole beach crew got together this weekend to discuss the finer points of the trip (read: food) and have a little evening cook out. So now that's pretty much all planned; all we need to do now is load ourselves in to the car and GO! GO! GO! On Sunday we went to a picnic that is hosted every year by some friends of ours which was very nice considering the rain that probably should've happened but ended up going clear around us. This kicks off a very short work week for me and of course 4th of July. I plan on this being a very good week. :)

<3 Ashley

Did you do anything fun this weekend? What fun do you have planned for July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...