Thursday, February 28, 2013

Some Down Time


So with snow fall from the sky, and friends who are in class longer than I am I have decided that now is a good time to slow down and think about somethings. I actually wanted to share a pleasant surprise I experienced with you! When I woke up and got dressed for class this morning I found myself feeling a little small in my skinnies. Actually, the jeans I wore to the basketball game last night also felt quite loose. Looks like my devotion to my New Year's resolution and my dedication with keeping up my Lent promise are really paying off. I feel great! 

That is also how I am justifying this down time - totally deserved! I came back from Italian, put on some yoga pants, turned up the heat, brewed some cocoa and curled up on the bed with my big blanket.  From this perspective the falling snow looks quite beautiful. 

While I am reading through my favorite blogs and sites - eventually I will move on to finishing Pride and Prejudice (almost there!) - I am also listening to an artist I was introduced to just this morning. I was reading one of my morning sites, The Everygirl, I read about this fifteen year old singer/pianist Birdy. I looked up some of her music and it is so beautiful! It really is so relaxing to listen to. I highly recommend it.


Have a great evening everybody!
<3 Ashley

How do you slow down and spend your down time?

2 comments:

  1. I like to go for walks (when it's nice out) to just stop and think about what is going on in my life and to remember all the great things. Or completely unplugging from Internet life is always great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to drink tea and watch indie movies at night and I definitely unplug from my cell phone and internet from time to time. :)
    This actually reminds me that I need to do this soon so I can recharge! :)

    http://alexandreajwilson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...